Members

Bipolar and Sunshine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know that SAD seasonal affective disorder is a real thing that causes more of a depressive attitude with short winter days however has anyone noticed a direct effect of the sunshine on the frequency or magnitude of bipolar episodes? I was wondering if people that live in warmer climates the year round have less episodes of depression or in fact do they have an increased susceptibility to mania?

Has anyone else wondered about this? Would moving to a warmer part of the world help bipolar to be easier to manage?

Matt
    Participant

I was thinking about this too, I think it could be beneficial to be in a sunnier place, not just a warmer climate. Daylight hours I imagine must help, and sunshine releases endorphins. The only downside to it I guess would be the overheating and the issue of tiredness when conducting normal day to day tasks in a heat.

trina123
    Participant

i get more manic episodes in the summer than any other time of the year, the majority of winter im depressed.i want to move to a sunnier place, and i will do at sum point in my life.

Matt
    Participant

Where would you move to if you could live anywhere Trina?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.