Sufferers

Coping skills for depression

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jyssica
    Participant

Does anyone have any good coping skills that has helped them while they were in the midst of depression. I am dealing with a really bad case right now. While I try to get my meds situated I don’t know what to do. I’m having suicidal thoughts and although I have no intention to act on these thoughts I’m desperate for relief. I am not functioning well at all and things just seems to be getting worse.

Matt
    Participant

Do you have someone at home you can share things with or get support from or do you live alone? What meds are you changing to? Have you been diagnosed long?

Beckie Decker
    Participant

One Day at a Time! It is VERY HARD to try to continue on, so one day at a time becomes very important. Don’t think about tomorrow, just get through today. Find something to do that makes you happy, relaxes you. Call a friend up, tell them how you are feeling, go out do something. Come back and talk to us, because we understand! Sending you a hug!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will send you a hug too. Wish the site was busier. Was hoping to see some new members from my local area because I have reproduced the advertisment poster. I guess it takes time, I was just assuming that there were more sufferers of and supporters for Bipolar in the area!

Matt
    Participant

How are you getting on @js2013 Has your episode of depression ceased yet?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.